Is Cupping Therapy Your Cup of Tea?
If you already know about cupping therapy, you maybe are wondering why people do this to themselves? How could it be helpful to cover yourself with big red marks? When I saw all these images of athletes and famous rich people covered with red/purple dots, I was very curious, so I decided to learn more. I found an approved Transformational Cupping school on Ibiza and I’m now a certified Cupping therapist.
What is Cupping Therapy?
You can think of Cupping as a reverse massage. Instead of pushing the muscles down, I pull them up and loosen them. This opposite pressure is pulling new, healthy blood into the muscles. At the same time, the cup pulls the ‘garbage/toxins’ out of your body. The ‘hickey’ marks that are left shows how bad the blood stagnation is. The darker the cupping marks, the worse the blood stagnation and the more you need cupping to help detox the body! When doing Cupping regulary, the stagnation is able to go away. Because, those marks will get their elasticity back and won’t pull incorrectly on other parts of the body causing pain.
And in case you’re wondering, it looks a lot worse than it feels! After the session, you will feel a huge relief from previous pains (back pain, neck pain, knee pain and shoulder pain).
The benefits of Transformational Cupping:
- Increases blood circulation
- Encourages tissues to release toxins
- Reduces stretch marks and scars
- Can clear congestion and help treat asthma, it really opens up the chest and lungs
- Can clear colon blockages and aid digestion
- Reduces anxiety and relaxes the muscles
What does Cupping Treat?
- Arthritis including rheumatoid
- Back pain, neck pain, knee pain and shoulder pain
- Breathing problems, such as asthma
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Gastrointestinal disorders, such as irritable bowel disease (IBD)
- Headaches and migraines
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Improvement of cellulite
Hope to ‘Sea’ you soon in my clinic so you can experience Cupping for yourself, Kim.